Sunday, August 22, 2010

summer slam

"The essence of fashion is its changeability.  It satisfies the curiosity, the human drive toward what is new."
-Karl Lagerfeld

I haven't had much time to take pictures lately, so I only have this one to share.  I'm almost too embarrassed to admit where I am in this picture, but I'll say it anyway... okay ready?... I went to "Summer Slam," in L.A. last week and here I am standing in front of the Staple's Center.  In case you don't already know what "Summer Slam" is, because I certainly didn't up until a week ago, it's a professional wrestling event.  Teddy's friend, Matt, graciously gave us two tickets, and I've been trying to spend as much time in L.A. as possible, so there you have it.  I went to a wrestling match.  Actually it was a series of "matches," if that's what they're called, (I'm not quite sure why because it's all fake) and it makes as little sense to me now as it did before witnessing one of these events.  I was hoping to gain some insight to this strange world that I do not understand, but I left there confused as ever.  I simply cannot believe that fake wrestling can sell out the Staples Center!  I suppose it's a "each unto their own" kinda thing.  
xo kelly
Wearing my new leopard jacket and Free People vest.

No comments:

Post a Comment