Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly?"
-Frida Kahlo

I apologize to all my readers... (all three or four of you) for the lack of updates.  As you may already know I've been on the job hunt so my blog has been suffering lately.  I do, however, have pictures to share from my ventures to Mexico and L.A. this week; pictures that I took in mind of the fact that so many people are scared to go anywhere near the border these days.  According to the media, Tijuana has been the epicenter of a drug war that is responsible for taking thousands of lives over the past three years.  Consequently, Baja California has experienced a dramatic decrease in tourism, which only makes matters worse for this poverty stricken community.  What I found was, not only is it still safe to eat lobster burritos and shop for junkie trinkets in Puerto Nuevo, it is still beautiful and vivacious.  

I was particularly interested in the Mariachi bands because they add so much life to the picture of Mexico.  Even when you decline to have them play a song for your table, you can always hear them somewhere when you're at an authentic Mexican restaurant.  I love it!



 "I'm with the Band"

Always a plentiful selection of hats to choose from when you're in Puerto Nuevo.

I absolutely love Mexican fashion.  The embroidery is beautiful and the colors are always so vibrant.
Check out these funny little furry hats.






No comments:

Post a Comment