Friday, October 15, 2010

Yang Du

"I prefer people to look at my work as a strong expression of beauty.  Understanding it is important.  Superficial beauty is not enough."
-Rei Kawakubo

Yang Du established itself as a surrealist fashion label in 2009, when designer Du Yang began showing her collections in London.  Du Yang is known for her whimsical designs and surrealist approach to fashion, as exhibited in her latest collection, "It is a Dream in Colors."  According to her website, the collection "blurs the lines between art and fashion," and she describes her style as "relaxed, humorous, and sexy."  Du Yang, has experience working for John Galliano, Vivienne Westwood, and Giles Deacon, so  the watchful eyes of fashion will follow her lead as she seeks to make a name for herself in a world that values a unique sense of perspective above all else.  
The styling in this picture is spot-on.

If these superhero mod-style dresses aren't the cutest damn things in the world, I don't know what is.

These are some of the most expressive, innovative, and practical dresses I've seen in a long time.
I can hardly stand how cute these t-shirt dresses are.  I could wear one every day of the week.  The googly eyes make my heart melt and her playful approach to fashion is endearing to say the least, and completely indicative of my personal style.

I absolutely adore the Twiggy-esque make-up styling.  

Hmmmmm, I can't decide which one I want most.  What's your favorite?
The make-up in these pictures screams 1970's Twiggy.
All pictures from StyleBubble.com

No comments:

Post a Comment