Saturday, September 25, 2010

Vegas Baby

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art."
-Oscar Wilde

Allow me to preface this blog post by apologizing for my lack of posting... mainly to myself and my two loyal followers.  I was in Vegas this past weekend, sick as a could be, holed up at Circus Circus, which just may be the worst place on the face of the earth to be sick.  But never mind all that... I'm back!  

If you live in southern California like I do, you can perhaps relate to me when I say that I feel completely robbed of a summer.  We are now going into Fall and I can't say that I'm upset about that because I love fall fashion so much more than spring and summer, but I can't get over how little sun I've seen.  I do, however, love all my wrappy, sweatery, snuggly, wooly capey-type things, and since I've been feeling a bit under the weather, Fall couldn't have come at a better time.  

Now, please forgive me for my whining about the weather, but I am a true southern Californian, so whenever it drops below 70ยบ and I can't see the sun, I simply don't know what to do with myself.  But alas, Fall is here, and I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to wearing all of my sad and neglected coats and boots.  Oh, how I've missed them.  You might be thinking, Kelly, what on earth are you talking about?  Southern California has no winter, or even any real seasonal changes.  And my response to that would be... It's all in your state of mind.  Even though I've been able to wear most of my light weight jackets and close-toed shoes this summer, it just didn't feel right, but now that it's officially Fall, bye-bye bathing suits and hello parkas.  Yes, that is correct, I said parka.  I feel that since this summer was so cold and dreary I'm going to wear an even more exaggerated fall wardrobe so that I can feel some semblance of a contrast in my wardrobe.

Anyway, enough about all that.  Look how adorable my little cousins are.  Actually, I couldn't believe how big they'd gotten since the last time I saw them.  My family is spread out all over the country, so we rarely see each other.

Ahhh, yes.  The sweatery, wrappy, snuggly, capey-type thing I speak of.  I live in these kinds of things during fall and winter.  And lets be honest, they're great for days when you just aren't feeling up to par.

Where are my damn keys?  Everyone knows I love anything and everything that has to do with owls, so you better believe I went to see Legend of the Guardians on opening day (yesterday) and to my dismay there were only about three people in the entire theater.  Bah, am I the only one in the world "whooooo" is obsessed with owls?  I think so.  Did you get that little joke?

Dun Dun Dun Dun.... Here I go into the movie theater all dressed in black.  The movie was quite good by the way, but then again, I think I'd like it regardless just because it's about owls.  

Worn with my brown studded Jeffrey Campbell wooden wedges.  I would have posted them sooner, but you know how I am.  Never wanting to show off things when they're at the peak of their trend cycle.

And that's all for now.  I think it's time for a pedicure.

No comments:

Post a Comment