Friday, September 10, 2010

Laughs for the Past

"Change is often too slow to see, but the world we experience is a snapshot from a continuing drama."
-Malcolm Hollick

So, I haven't blogged in over a week and I suppose I have only myself to blame.  I started this blog as a way to record the evolution of my fashion sense because the reality is that sometimes I look back on things I wore only a week ago in shock and dismay.  Don't you think it's funny how we look back at periods in fashion and gawk at how silly we looked?  I know the eighties came back in full force this year, but the elements that reflected "eighties" fashion, like big shoulders and genie pants, were modified for the sake of modernity.  I wonder how long it will take before I look back on this Rachel Pally jail bird top and black genie pants and say, "what was I thinking?"  
Unfortunately, it usually takes a very expensive designer staple to maintain any kind of longevity in my wardrobe, and like most girls, I can't afford to buy Chanel this and Dior that, so I rely on designers like Rachel Pally and Diane Von Furstenberg to decorate my closet.  I absolutely love jersey fabric because it's comfortable and easy to move in, so I buy a lot of Rachel Pally.  
I just got these silk genie pants from Nordstrom and they are the most comfortable things in the world.  They're by a line called Heather and they're so comfortable, they make me feel like I'm wearing pajamas.


Worn with my black Vera Wangs from her Lavender collection.









Have a Great Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment