Friday, June 18, 2010

Fashion at the Fair

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it."
-Confucius

I went to the Del Mar fair today and had a blast looking at all the people. I've been going there since I was little, but I'm always amazed at how many different types of people the fair attracts. I think it's a beautiful thing when so many people, of all different ethnicities, religious backgrounds, and political views join together, in one arena, to eat funnel cake... Just kidding. But seriously, I really had a lot of fun people watching today. I hope you enjoy my pictures.
I'm wearing one of my favorite summer tops by Manoush. If you haven't already heard of it, it's a french line and one of my absolute favorites. Their stuff is so unique and it's hard to find. I got mine at a boutique in Del Mar, CA called Matti. D. Also wearing my favorite Genetic Denim jeans that I got at Free People with a vintage pearl necklace.

Most of the booths at the fair are far from fashionable, so I zeroed in on the one vintage collector there. The hats are cute, but not my style.
I saw these girls when I got off a death defying ride on "The Zipper." I thought they looked so stylish for being at the fair that I asked to take their picture. So, thank you girls for obliging me :)
I absolutely love Native American culture and art. The painting is called Indian Girl and the artist is Yen-Ping Miao. Don't you just love her outfit?
My favorite part of the fair is walking through the art galleries and seeing all of the collector's ancient treasures. I am in love with this Mystical Medicine Pouch... probably because it has fringe. Mystical Medicine Pouches have been used in Native American cultures for hundreds, or even thousands of years to attract good luck, good fortune, prosperity, and better health.


No comments:

Post a Comment