Monday, June 14, 2010

May Gray June Gloom

"Fashion anticipates, and elegance is a state of mind... a mirror of the time in which we live, a translation of the future, and should never be static."
-Oleg Cassini

I'm at a transitional point in my life right now, perhaps even a pivotal one. At the beginning of the year I left my job to do freelance styling
and jewelry design. As it turns out, I also have a passion for photography, so I've been trying to blog as much as possible because I feel so far
behind. I read an article in Elle Collections a couple months ago called "Street Style At The Shows," which inspired me to want to start my
own blog. It featured interviews with Tommy Ton of JakandJil.com, Peter Miszuk of Super.Fantastic.Picture.Time.com, Craig Arend of
AltamiraNYC.blogspot.com, and Garance Dore of GaranceDore.FR/EN. The start of any large endeavor can be daunting, so I'm trying not to
get overwhelmed with how little material I have so far.

This is a pair of Isabella Fiore wedges that I modified. I wore them today, but they were hidden under my wide-leg trouser Hudson jeans, so I decided to take a picture of them so they didn't feel completely unnoticed. When I bought them they were sans flower. I took the flowers off of a wreath that wraps around my bed's headboard and glued them on my shoes. Pretty cute don't you think?
I had a lot of fun playing with my grandpa's old ties today. A couple of years ago he let me go through his closet and take all the vintage ties I wanted. I wore this one with a gray, oversized Talula jersey shirt and wide-leg trouser jeans from Hudson. If you haven't already heard of Talula, it's an Australian line that has some really unique pieces at reasonable prices. I highly recommend checking them out. My purse is by a line called Posse and I love it because I love just about anything with fringe. When I set it down it kind of looks like one of those shaggy dogs whose face you can't see.
Everyone is always shocked when it's cloudy during the spring/summer in southern California because every other part of the year is sunny. Typical May Gray-June Gloom.
Isn't my owl ring cute? It's by a jewelry line called Azaara, which is out of L.A., but it's all made in Turkey. I am absolutely in love with everything owl. I think it's my spirit animal. Also wearing my favorite Dolce an Gabbana sunglasses that I've had forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment