Saturday, June 26, 2010

L.A. Woman

"If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere."
-Vincent Van Gogh
When I woke up this morning I walked out onto my balcony and saw the most beautifully bloomed magnolia flower. As I stared at its newly opened white petals I began to contemplate the notion of new beginnings because I am on the verge of one. Just like the magnolia flower I too have waited all year to blossom and now I think I'm ready to unfold.
Teddy and I have been talking about moving to Los Angeles for the past year, so we decided to take a trip up there this weekend to check out some neighborhoods. Unfortunately we left too late in the day so we sat in traffic for nearly four hours, but as soon as we arrived I knew the trip was worth it... We were home.

I wait all year for the magnolia flowers in my yard to bloom. I think they are exquisite and by far my favorite flower.
I fell in love with the half-sphere lounge chairs at the Standard Hotel. I told Teddy that as soon as we move we have invest in one of these!
I could have sat here all day!
Matt and Teddy being goofballs out by the pool. Matt is a fantastic comedy writer, so he and Teddy discussed some future collaboration work.
I told Matt that I'm interested in starting a hilarious web comic about fashion, so he gave me this comic book. I haven't read it yet, but I did flip through it, and the pictures provide for some great eye candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment