Sunday, June 13, 2010

Spring Cleaning 2010

"Our incomes are like our shoes; if too small, they gall and pinch us; but if too large, they cause us to stumble and trip."
-John Locke

I decided to have a little fashion show in my bedroom with my shoes today. I was actually going throfugh my closet trying to figure out what I need to get rid of, which naturally turned into a game of dress up.


Elisa Ferare is one of my favorite designers because her shoes are like works of art for the feet. These "Flower Power" wedges are from her Spring 09 collection, but I'm still in love with them because they are classic and comfortable. I also love her philosophy:
"My designs are created with the same philosophy that permeates my life... blending the old with the new, the textured with the smooth, fantasy with reality. I believe in no suffering for fashion...I abhor trends... it is with pride that I say my designs are brought to life in America by a small group of artisans who love their craft. I invite you to enjoy the shoes...but keep in mind they long to stray."
Here I am again doting on my Vera Wang wedges- Definitely not getting rid of these any time soon. To my right are the world's most amazing cowboy boots! They are Pink Old Gringos and I will never, ever get rid of them... So far I'm not doing a very good job at cleaning out my closet.
Ok, DEFINITELY not getting rid of these! I am so in love with my over-the-knee Joie boots, I could never bring myself to part with them.
See what I mean? They are even better on! What I love most about them is how supple the leather is... The leatha is like butta!
Alright, let's just take a minute here because these are my favorite shoes of all time! I got them when I was in Las Vegas a couple years ago at one of those stores in Ceasar's Palace, and they are by Italian designer, Johnny Montini. I haven't been able to find much of his work elsewhere but I think they carry some of his shoes at Neiman Marcus. I have worn them to death- with just about everything in my closet, and now I think it's time for them to retire, or to at least pay a visit to the cobbler.

No comments:

Post a Comment