Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Shoes and Xander

"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson


I worked on an inspiration board today and must have cut out a hundred pairs of shoes.  



Sometimes I find myself day-dreaming about them; shoe designs by Pierre Hardy, 
Christian Louboutin, and Giuseppe Zanotti swirl through my head. So, I decided
to create a real, visual representation of what it would look like if you took a walk inside my brain. In addition to the amalgamation of shoe cut outs, I created a space for pictures
taken by some of the most prominent fashion bloggers like Tommy Ton from Jak and Jil, AltamiraNYC, and Super.Fantastic.Picture Time.



I must have used about 100 push pins! This is the most involved inspiration/mood board I've ever made. My Harper's Bazaar Trash & Luxury T-shirt seemed appropriate for the task at hand... flip flip flip, cut cut cut, pin pin pin!

Meet Xander! Hard at work trying to help me figure out which images I should use. He's definitely pointing to the Elle Collections Fall/Winter 2009 edition. When I make inspiration boards I like to use magazines from various different seasons because I don't like getting caught up in trends.


I think it's hilarious how serious my face can get when I'm looking at fashion magazines. If you didn't know better, you might mistake me for an incredibly stylish rocket scientist... ;)
And Voila, here it is! Since I recently started this blog I wanted to create something that reflects what I'm doing right now... Blogging. In the middle, there are a bunch of photographs taken by fashion bloggers who were featured in Elle and Harper's Bazaar. So, I decided to work them and some of their pictures into my amalgamation of shoe cut-outs.

No comments:

Post a Comment