Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Rainy Days

"Love of beauty is taste. The creation of beauty is art."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

I usually look for quotes that inspire me to write, and remind me what life is all about. It is my belief that art is man and woman's greatest contribution to this world, and without it, life would have no record of purpose. The beautiful thing about art is that it thrives best where love exists. My love for fashion is deep, and I also believe that love has no meaning if it can't be shared, so this blog is meant to share my love with you... whoever you are :)

It rained all night, and part of the day but that didn't stop me from playing dress up. I'm wearing my black Flavio Castellani skirt, which I love because I can mold it like a sculpture.
This is a pearl necklace that I made. It integrates freshwater pearls and vintage crystals. Check out my Vintage Miss Julie blog for more info on my jewelry for sale.

Also wearing my Joie over-the-knee boots and white button-up top by James Perse.

I bought this David Bowie shirt for my dad a couple years ago, but it didn't fit him, so naturally I chopped it up and made it mine. Also wearing another one of my necklaces made out of vintage Miriam Haskell beads.
This is the first pair of Apepazza shoes I've ever owned; in fact I'd never paid any attention to the line because most of it's not my style, but I thought these were too cute to pass up. I think they're a nice, softer take on a biker bootie. Great even for summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment