Monday, July 12, 2010

Charlotte Olympia- My New Love

"Picture and sculpture are the celebrations of festivities of form. But true art is never fixed, but always flowing."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think Coco Chanel articulated it best; that fashion is what is happening. It is the material manifestation of what is going on in the world. Yes, there are certain sartorial pieces that one might consider "classic," - as in will never go out of style, but there is also something to be said of the designers whose work is inventive enough to transform the way we think about fashion. All things in life must perpetually change to keep up with the times, and fashion is no exception to that rule. As we continue to evolve as a species, so too must the art we create and wear.

I happen to be particularly interested in the art that goes on my feet. Up-and-coming shoe designer, Charlotte Dellal, otherwise known as Charlotte Olympia, is on her way to reaching extraordinary heights in the fashion world. Her acute sense of design and unique color palettes make my heart melt, and my feet yearn. Here are just a few of the many many shoes on my wishlist.




No comments:

Post a Comment