Monday, July 19, 2010

Meet Pikalo

"There is nothing so wonderful in any particular landscape, as the necessity of being beautiful under which every landscape lies.  Nature cannot be surprised in undress. Beauty breaks in everywhere."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have two main loves in life… Fashion and Horses.  Conversely, I decided it was time to feature Pikalo on my blog.  He is the fourth horse I’ve owned (even though I don’t like to use the word owned) and we have been inseparable for the past ten years.  Even though I no longer show competitively, I still ride almost every day and often find myself out at the barn in the most precarious outfits.  You have no idea how difficult it is to walk in dirt, gravel, and grass in four inch stiletto heels, but somehow I have mastered the art of… uh, well… walking in dirt, gravel, and grass in four inch stiletto heels.  I’m completely serious.  The only time I’ve ever experienced a sprained ankle was when I was wearing running shoes!


I just got these beautiful Vera Wangs.  I usually shy away from black because it can be harsh, and it doesn't photograph well, but I've really been needing a good basic black shoe.  I'm so glad that Ms. Wang has decided to do more shoe designing because I've been loving what she's doing lately.
This dress is by an Italian line called Salanida.  I'm actually not sure if the company survived the recession, but I love so many of their pieces.  Very European.  Like I said before, I know that black doesn't photograph well, but I am so in love with this dress and it does have a beautiful silhouette.  Short in front, long in back.  I wore it over a little cotton t-shirt so it didn't feel so formal.
I love this bracelet by British designer, Gillian Julius.  
There is a swing at my barn, and even though it's the most uncomfortable swing in the world, it still brings out my inner child... wait a minute, I don't have an inner child, only an outer one :)
Ahh yes, there he is.  The love of my life.  I always say that Pikalo is the perfect kind of man... tall, dark, and handsome, and never makes me feel bad.  O.K. that's a lie.  I do have the most wonderful boyfriend in the world.  What can I say, I'm a lucky girl.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog.
    the vera wang shoes are amazing! and Pikalo is really a beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get Vera Wang shoes from?? I've been searching for 2 years now please tell me or the name of the shoes ....

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete