Friday, July 16, 2010

Summer Days

"There are days which occur in this climate, at almost any season of the year, wherein the world reaches its perfection, when the air, the heavenly bodies, and the earth make harmony."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Today was the kind of day we spend all year dreaming about and waiting for; the perfect summer day marked by a cloudless sky and a gentle breeze to placate the heat.  Thusly, I was in the perfect mood to play dress up and take pictures.  I decided to shoot along the rail road tracks because I think they possess an enigmatic energy.  There is something mesmerizing about the way those metal rails vanish into the distance, taking with them our curiosity and wonder about places not [yet] traveled.


The bolero style jacket I’m wearing is by Robbie and Nikki.  I bought it the other day when I was thrift store shopping and I have no idea what season it’s from, but I’m in love with it.  You will likely be seeing A LOT of this piece because I plan to wear it with everything!  It’s hard to tell from the photographs but the entire jacket is stitched in sequins, giving it a sort of metallic feel.

I would love to be able to say more about this skirt, but the truth is I have no idea how it ended up in my closet.  I actually have a lot of pieces like that.  All I know is that my mom found it for me somewhere and it’s the perfect summer skirt wrap.  


My gladiator sandals are by Sam Edelman.  Subsequent to my purchasing them they became too trendy, so I stuck them in the back of my closet until recently.  I do that with a lot of pieces because I don’t like wearing things that I see everywhere, but I think these will be a good long-term investment... inexpensive and extremely comfortable.  I love, love, love this little vintage purse.  I've had it forever and even though it's a little small for my liking, I think it's so charming.
The pattern of this fabric is so unique and beautiful.  It's reminiscent of an ancient Thai or Indian motif... otherwise, Buddhist. 




No comments:

Post a Comment